1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help save "Jericho" UPDATE: Mission accomplished

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, May 21, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Re: Help save "Jericho"

You beat me to it, Dan, here's the link: http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Exclusive-Jericho-Verge/800016482

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Help save "Jericho"

WE DID IT! WE DID IT! WE DID IT!

[​IMG]

WE DID IT!

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Awesome news ... I just hope they wrap everything up if it is going to be a limited run.

4. Football_Bat

According to Carol Barbee in the LA Times, it will start with 8 episodes and will be extended if ratings are successful.

More information will come out here starting at 9 Central: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hostpage.aspx?show_id=26146

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Now AP has moved a story.. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_en_tv/tv_cbs_jericho;_ylt=ArF9Xaztrr1aUgE2NU__k4bMWM0F

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Land the jet on the aircraft carrier boys (and gals)!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Next up, NBC and Studio 60!

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What to send NBC? Massive amounts of prescription pain-killers? Unfunny sketch ideas (that will probably be forwarded to SNL)?

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I wish Boomtown had gotten all this love.

But I'm VERY happy. This is further proof that the TV viewer can and should make a difference. Stand up to crappy reality and applaud well-done scripted programming!

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

So much for my chances of giving Skeet work ;D

10. Football_Bat

CBS made it official just minutes ago. There will be seven new episodes to start, with a full 22 to follow if ratings warrant it.
    _____

June 6, 2007

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of “Jericho” for mid-season next year. In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more “Jericho,” we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show. But that community needs to grow. It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that “Jericho” will return to our schedule. However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences. This includes re-broadcasting “Jericho” on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of “Jericho” in such an extraordinary manner. Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone. You made a difference.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler

President, CBS Entertainment

P.S. Please stop sending us nuts :)

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I've never watched the show, but I am very impressed by the fan outpouring of support.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My hope is this will get enough play to at least tie-up the remaining loose ends. Primarily, the battle between New Bern and Jericho and the Hawkins-remaining bomb plot. I don't really need a full season of shows, but at least enough to give me (and others) closure.

I think that's what pissed Jericho fans off so much. It wasn't the fact that it was canceled, but rather how the cancellation was handled. If it ends with eight shows, so be it -- as long as it ends well.

Draft saved Draft deleted