1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help plan spup & Doc's honeymoon!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by carrie, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Flagstaff is very cool if you are a hippie.

San Diego, Charleston, Savannah, Santa Barbara, Key West.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

3. I've always had great luck with that Bates Motel place.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hey Bigdog. Go fuck yourself and stay off the happy threads for once.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Seriously, please go smear your shit elsewhere.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Now that sounds like your best honeymoon line.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Seriously, Ireland. Fly into Shannon, rent car, drive around Kerry. That's what Alice and I did. Of course, that was way back when before the Celtic Miracle, so things were cheaper.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

kinda like my ex-girlfriend

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Ireland rocks, but it is expensive now. I (heart) Cork.

It all depends on time of year and whether you want a pastoral or urban setting. If money were no object, I'd say Morocco, as long as one of you can speak French. I've always wanted to go to Chefchouen, in the Rif Mountains. Marrakesh is full of Euro-creeps, but Essaouira isn't spoiled yet. Avoid Tangier. Fez is beautiful but very conservative.

Balearic Islands (in the Spanish Mediterranean) sounds great right about now. So does the Algarve (southern coast of Portugal). The language is a tongue-twister, but the people are wonderful.

Closer to home, I'd say Tulum, Mexico, for your standard sun-surf-sex tropical trip. English-speaking Caribbean (Barbados, Trinidad) can be fun if you don't want to deal with a language barrier. Dominican Republic is good if you want to go the all-inclusive resort route.

Canadian Rocky Mountains if you want a little winter wonderland situation. For urban fun, I've always been partial to San Francisco, Boston and Montreal (there's that French again).

Copper Canyon, Chihuahua, Mexico, offers a very different type of Mexican vacation. Guanajuato is beautiful. Avoid: Cancun, Acapulco, Vallarta (although the latter's actually ok in the off-season).

Further south, Colombia is cheap as hell, has great urban nightlife and great beaches. It's not very touristed because people are afraid of the guerilla war, but that's going on deep in the interior, well away from the coast.

Then there's Chile...culturally sophisticated, like Argentina, but not as snobby, I'm told.

10. Provence, even in the winter.

Fly to London, take the Eurostar to Paris and then either rent a car and drive down or take a train. Failing that, stay in Paris a couple of days and then take the Nightliner to Budapest and tour that amazing city. Don't get a hotel, instead rent an apartment -- about 250 euros for the week for a one-bedroom or studio near Parliament and a short walk to the Danube.

The wife and I took our honeymoon in Budapest, albeit two-and-a-half years and one baby late, but it was worth it.

If you don't want to go to France, then fly directly to Frankfurt and take Deutsche Bahn's nightliner from there to Munich and on to Budapest!

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]
    Don't resist me, Mama. It's boogie time.

And that's pretty much all I have. Wherever you go you're going to have the time of your life. Because you'll be freshly married and screwing like Bob Vila on Red Bull and crack.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Is that a picture of the new King of Morocco that has all the fundamentalists pissed off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.