1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me win an argument

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

For the past few months my co-workers, the same people who claim that a 4-0-1 club fighter (this one: http://www.boxrec.com/list_bou.....;cat=boxer) is the best fighter in the world, pound-for-pound, have been claiming that Wladmir Klitschko's last three fights against Calvin Brock, Ray Austin and Lamon Brewster were all fixed because there was no way Klitschhko could legitimately beat any of them. I'm sure they'll say the same thing about tonight's Klitschko fight when I talk to them on Monday.
    They especially referred to the Brewster fight as an obvious "acting job" by Brewster.
    Obviously, we know that Klitschko could and did legitimately beat all three of those guys and there was nothing dubious about any of those fights, but how can we prove it to someone who says otherwise?
    I asked one of my friends for what proof he had the Brewster was acting and he said "My own two eyes."
    Obviously, my mistake is arguing with idiots, but how can I win the argument?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You don't want to have an argument.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Call him a c-word. You win automatically. ;D

4. Are you the boss? Because if you are, you don't have to be right about shit to win.

5. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

You can't - that's why you don't argue with them.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's like arguing about Michael Jackson with Tom Petty. No chance you have.

Draft saved Draft deleted