1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me - my Sunday is ruined.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Every damn TV in the house, living room, daughter's room, my bedroom, is locked on the "Bret Michels: Rock of Love" bullshit. I don't know if I'm envious at a guy who can make a bundle while dining on a smorgasbord of women or just disgusted that this shit sells.

Or maybe it's because the Red Sox-Yanks game is on and the local sports bar is the only alternative in a house full of women who have to have their own space. That sucks.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You can't have them consolidate in one room?

3. ncbabyblues

ncbabyblues Guest

It'll rerun later tonight so I'm recording it then, so that's an option maybe no one thought of! I mean seriously I couldn't let it take the place of Desperate Housewives :)

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Go to the bar.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dunno... when Tits N'Tats started talking about Bret in the last half hour to talk about herself (surprise) and she said "I wuv him" Ms. Slappy woke the dog up laughing and I thought Elmer Fudd has a dweam giwl

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You need to reclaim your home. Tell those women to get back in the kitchen and cook you some bacon and eggs. AHHHH!!!!! (/cedric maxwell)

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Proving there's a sports connection to just about everything, she's Oscar De La Hoya's niece.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

One was doing their homework in silence.

One was talking to her boyfriend on the phone and I really don't want to listen to that.

The wife had my bedroom door locked to keep all the kids out.

SHow's over, and I have the living room. And a beer.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

For a second I thought maybe Hillary found a penny or something. :)

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

You have daughters? I weep.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You have kids? God bless them beyond your ability, which isn't much.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So I'm flipping one night, and I see this Michaels character (I don't know him or his old band's music) saying he rejected one girl because he didn't think she was ready for his world of "jaded hurt."

Huh?

Draft saved Draft deleted