1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me light up another one

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Aug 27, 2006.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Birthday candle, that is. (Sorry, tokers. Maybe some other time.)

Any way, according to the old birth certificate, I officially started another year this afternoon. While I can't invite everyone over, I encourage you all to lift a cold one in celebration.

Some day, I'll convince the producers of E!'s Wild On (insert tropical location here) that sponsoring Pressboxer's Sixth Annual 39th Birthday Party would be a great idea and we'll all get to spend a weekend in Mallorca or Ibiza or something.

This year, though, I guess I'll settle for a nice dinner and a movie. I could hit a good steakhouse and raise my cholesterol count even higher, or go to a Mexican cafe that offers pescados y camarones en salsa de ajo y limon (grilled fish and shrimp in garlic-lemon sauce; then I could at least pretend I was wasting the afternoon in Cabo).

Cinematic choices being what they are this summer, I figure I'll go for lowbrow comedy instead of quality entertainment. It looks like I could hit showings of Accepted and Beerfest with only about a 10 minute wait in between.

Oh, and in lieu of birthday presents and cards, you can just make a contribution to Webby in my name.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Is this your first 39th birthday?

EDIT: Goddamn... It would be nice if I had read your post.

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

No, I've had a little practice at it.

Draft saved Draft deleted