1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HELP ME EAT IN CHICAGO!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Jul 24, 2009.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Isn't this the place Hawkeye ordered from in one MASH episode?

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What about the Superdog? I saw that once on Food Network. Looked pretty cool.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You win the prize....

4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

+1

Mrs. Fly and I stopped in last October on a Saturday evening (the night the Cubbies were eliminated). The beer they brew is solid, and they always have a handful of excellent guest taps as well. We had the white pie, and it was tremendous. Cool atmosphere, fun place. They had live band karaoke that night, so we hung around longer than we expected but we were thoroughly mesmerized by the "talent" on hand.

I believe Piece is owned, at least in part, by Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Saturday is always live band karaoke. Only been in there once for that, but it was fun.

Took my brother here when he was in town. He was like, "we're going to a pizza place for dinner?" But he loved it as well. Great beer. Great pizza, and if you go to a Cubs day game, you can watch more baseball here at night.

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

You can't go wrong at Gibson's Steakhouse on Rush Street.

www.gibsonssteakhouse.com

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Hugo's Frog Bar on Rush Street. I have searched far and wide for a burger like the one I had at Frog Bar.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Agree with Ragu. Malnati's is far superior to Uno's.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Even Pizano's is better than Uno, although I gave my friend endless grief when we ended up there instead of Malnati's the last time I was in Chicago. I still remind him that he took me to "the fake Lou Malnati's." Pizano's is owned by another of Malnati's sons.

By the way, my comments are in no way an endorsement of that soup in dough some places call pizza in Chicago. ;)

10. If you're into Spanish Tapas, go to Cafe Iberico at 739 N La Salle St, just south of Chicago Ave. They've got some great sangria there.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yes. He's still kicking himself for forgetting the cole slaw.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

ARE YOU SURE THAT'S HOW THEY DO IT IN CHICAGO?

Draft saved Draft deleted