1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help me decide who to keep, por favor...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mltru2tx, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

OK, here's my league details... it's a pretty crazy league, I know, but when you've been in it for four years it gets really fun. We have 25-man rosters (obviously) and it's a very thin league depth wise. As you can see, you draft backups and even some third stringers.

We start: 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 4 WRs, TE, K, D/ST

The * players are players I can keep one final time. You're allowed to keep someone twice. The ** (Brady) are players I can't keep again.

I won $1k with the league championship so I want to ride my momentum and make a good educated decision here. It's a 10-team league and I have the last pick, but it's a snake draft.

Here's what I'm thinking right now... (OH yeah, you can keep up to five players) If you keep someone, you lose that pick next year. For the players I've already kept, I'll lose the pick one round higher next. So if I keep Gore, I'd lose my second pick.

I'm thinking T.O., Gore, Lewis, MJD and either Warner or Burleson. If I keep T.O. and Gore, I won't have a first or a second. So in this scenario, I'd lose my 1, 2, 4, 12 and 25.

I really really want to keep Warner because he basically won my playoffs for me last year, but from all accounts it sounds like Leinart has the job, but then again he's had injury problems. I think if I keep Burleson I'd have a No. 1 and a good No. 3 WR and could go after a QB with my third pick and still hopefully get a top one.

The following players have exceeded their keeper rights and will be available for drafting in the first round, which has me thinking of not keeping T.O. although I think he's going to be a beast this year.

Drew Brees
    CHI D/ST
    Carson Palmer
    Willie Parker
    Tom Brady
    Stephen Jackson
    Larry Johnson
    Cedric Benson
    Ronnie Brown
    Steve Smith

1. Marvin Harrison
    2. Terrell Owens
    3. Frank Gore*
    4. Jamal Lewis
    5. Tom Brady**
    6. Braylon Edwards (I traded him )
    7. Lamont Jordan (cut him)
    8. Alex Smith (traded him)
    9. Vernon Davis
    10. Jake Delhomme (cut him)
    11. DeShaun Foster
    12. D.J. Hackett (cut him)
    13. Maurice Jones-Drew*
    14. Drew Bennett (cut him)
    15. Michael Robinson
    16. Jacoby Jones
    17. Brandon Jones (cut him)
    18. Eagles D (cut them)
    19. T.J. Duckett
    20. Bo Scaife (cut him)
    21. Bryant Johnson (cut him)
    22. Robbie Gould (cut him)
    23. Josh McCown (cut him)
    24. Ernest Wilford (cut him)
    25. John Beck (cut him)

Players I picked up off the wire and therefore acn keep with my 25th pick...Kurt Warner, Nate Burleson, Jabar Gaffney, Justin Fargas, Fred Jackson.

So, I know this is a lot to digest, but what do y'all think?

Draft saved Draft deleted