1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! I need a mother-son song for my wedding

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, May 19, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The Way You Look Tonight - Sinatra.

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

End of thread.

3. Me and Moms danced to "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole at my shindig. It seemed to have a nice message without all the cheese.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The lyrics were so similar in theme I just assumed Rod ruined the song with a bad cover. But now that I actually look closely at the lyrics they are indeed two different songs.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know, I'd heard the Stewart song was a cover of Dylan too...and I remember hearing that way back when the song came out in 1988. So this is an urban legend with a lot of legs.

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Nothing expresses far more emotion than necessary quite like "Wind Beneath My Wings."

Me, I'd go with The Police's "Mother." ... And don't devour me.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Apparently, Stewart admitted that he so shamelessly stole all the ideas from Dylan's version that he agreed to let Dylan share royalties from the song.

But they are, in fact, two different songs.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

"All I ever do is dream" -- Everly Bros

9. dargan

dargan Active Member

I've been to plenty of weddings, and maybe two of them had a reception where people danced. And it's not a Southern Baptist thing because one of two that had a dance reception was my cousin and they served alcohol at that one.

I didn't realize so many people had dances at wedding receptions.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've never been to a wedding reception where they didn't dance.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

The receptions I've been to are mainly food events. No toasts by the best man or maid of honor or any of that. Old people sitting around eating, younger people talking and laughing, cut the cake, throw crap at them, see y'all later.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

For my wedding (and that of each of my brothers), my mother asked for "Sunrise, Sunset" from "Fiddler on the Roof."

I was thinking maybe the theme song from Gilmore Girls (shuddap!), or maybe "Mama, I'm Coming Home" by Ozzy Osbourne, even if the lyrics can be interpreted as Ozzy singing to Sharon.

Nope. She got "Sunrise, Sunset" . . .a typical wedding song. That is long as hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted