1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help: Going rate for the tooth fairy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by rico_the_redneck, Mar 12, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Ask your bank for one of the new presidential dollar coins.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Going the silver dollar route is a lot cooler than just giving them a dollar bill... My kids aren't old enough yet for this, but that's the way I'll do it...

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Fuck, man. I got a quarter, and liked it.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I got a quarter as well... Then again, other than the one I knocked out playing football and my wisdom teeth, I haven't lost a tooth in more than 20 years...

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Someone gave me this idea for my child, and I'll pass it along. It worked great for the Micros:

Buy one of those folders that can hold the quarters being minted for each state. Give your child four different quarters for every tooth he loses.

Put them in the folder together, tell her a little something about the state, like it's capital, etc., and combine an economic lesson with one on gegraphy and U.S. history. Presto, by the time she's done losing her teeth she's got a $12.50 investment, learned something, and you've all shared a family moment.

Being a parent can be lots of fun.

6. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

A dollar? jeez. Even a 5 year old can't get anything with a dollar.
    I'm making a new sportsjournalists rule. 5 dollars for the first tooth, 2 dollars for every subsequent tooth.

7. boots

boots New Member

A blank check. She's gonna cost you more than you'll imagine in the future.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A lot of people I know go the 5-dollar-up-front route. It's like an NFL signing bonus.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I got a quarter and I turned out just fine.

I do like the dollar coin idea, though.

10. joe

joe Active Member

One of those new Washington coins that doesn't have the "In God" part on it. Be worth a mint when she's ready for college.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I hear she's $50 for every half hou... Oh, how much does she leave for the kiddies. I got a buck 20 years ago.

12. boots

boots New Member

Remember these times my man and enjoy being a fairy. We should all be as fortunate.

Draft saved Draft deleted