1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help FarmerJ and Dr. J cross the border thread....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Jun 21, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Moddies, feel free to merge this with the outing thread, but I need some quick help.

Dr. J and I have hit a huge unexpected financial road block. Without going into too much detail, the cash that I need for Toronto might not arrive until after the outing (don't worry anybody I owe money will get it regardless).

I'm breaking down and asking mommy and daddy for a wad of cash, to be paid back a possible day or two after we leave.

So, I was hoping my fellow SportsJournalists.commers would help me compile a list of reasons why they should let me borrow the money, in addition to the seven bills I already owe them for school.

Please. Help the children.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Tell them you need it to buy baby furniture.

3. farmerjerome

Um, at this point, I don't think that would be a selling point.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Tell them you need the money so you can acquire a fortune from a Nigerian prince.

5. Baloo

Baloo Member

FarmJ, what the hell kind of doctor did you marry that is not rolling in greenbacks  :D? I thought that was whole purpose of doctorhood (besides that stuff about helping people).

6. farmerjerome

The lad is not yet a doctor. This is the problem.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

[​IMG]

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Tell them that I will be very disappointed if you dont' come and will blame them personally for spoiling my only summer vacation.  :D

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Couldn't you go to your bank and get a loan? You do say it would be paid back in a day or two. Not that much interest would accrue by then.

Or, you could just tell your parents that you had planned this vacation for a long, long time and an unexpected expense sucked your account dry.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

In truth, it probably doesn't matter what you tell them. If they're like my parents, they'll just say you should save better, because that's what your father and I always did--we went without a lot of things, you know--and you need to learn financial responsibility or you'll keep getting in these scrapes. You know, your father and I never took trips to other countries. And we had a black and white TV for a long time, but we saved until we could afford things . . .  Etc.

Or, they're nice and they'll do it anyway.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

tell them if they don't, you'll be forced to resort to this:

[​IMG]

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

As God as my witness I always thought this was Dr. J....

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted