1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help FarmerJ and Dr. J cross the border thread....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Jun 21, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Moddies, feel free to merge this with the outing thread, but I need some quick help.

Dr. J and I have hit a huge unexpected financial road block. Without going into too much detail, the cash that I need for Toronto might not arrive until after the outing (don't worry anybody I owe money will get it regardless).

I'm breaking down and asking mommy and daddy for a wad of cash, to be paid back a possible day or two after we leave.

So, I was hoping my fellow SportsJournalists.commers would help me compile a list of reasons why they should let me borrow the money, in addition to the seven bills I already owe them for school.

Please. Help the children.

2. OTD

OTD Active Member

Tell them you need it to buy baby furniture.

3. farmerjerome

Um, at this point, I don't think that would be a selling point.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Tell them you need the money so you can acquire a fortune from a Nigerian prince.

5. Baloo

Baloo Member

FarmJ, what the hell kind of doctor did you marry that is not rolling in greenbacks  :D? I thought that was whole purpose of doctorhood (besides that stuff about helping people).

6. farmerjerome

The lad is not yet a doctor. This is the problem.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

[​IMG]

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Tell them that I will be very disappointed if you dont' come and will blame them personally for spoiling my only summer vacation.  :D

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Couldn't you go to your bank and get a loan? You do say it would be paid back in a day or two. Not that much interest would accrue by then.

Or, you could just tell your parents that you had planned this vacation for a long, long time and an unexpected expense sucked your account dry.

10. OTD

OTD Active Member

In truth, it probably doesn't matter what you tell them. If they're like my parents, they'll just say you should save better, because that's what your father and I always did--we went without a lot of things, you know--and you need to learn financial responsibility or you'll keep getting in these scrapes. You know, your father and I never took trips to other countries. And we had a black and white TV for a long time, but we saved until we could afford things . . .  Etc.

Or, they're nice and they'll do it anyway.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

tell them if they don't, you'll be forced to resort to this:

[​IMG]

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

As God as my witness I always thought this was Dr. J....

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted