1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help Chuck....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Jun 6, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

My first ex recently wrote me a letter saying she wanted to get back together and I was sorely and mightily tempted. But with my little man, I've got to make an adult and parental decision and shy away from it. Too much, too soon with too much history for the time being.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Do you believe people can change? Or all we destined for the sorry lot in which we have muddled ourselves?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Oh I definitely believe people can change. That's why I considered it in the first place. But it's not just me and her (we couldn't have children). Now it's my son, too. I had to make a decision that's best for me and him (and my ex's needs obviously were a concern as well).

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Entirely understandable, alley. When there's a little human being involved in the process, he has to come first. Always. Just wondering, though, if second chances are worth it.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I think it would be. She was a damned good woman and I've told her before (and since). But there was a reason we divorced and before I jumped right back into it, I had to know those reasons (on both sides) had been addressed.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

People do make bad decisions and we should forgive them for that, right?

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Absolutely. I'm about as forgiving as they can be.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Can one be too forgiving, though?

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I suppose, if it leads to them being taken advantage of.

Have a specific in mind? If so, PM me.

10. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I am glad that when I opened this thread it wasn't about Chuck Norris. His "facts" are turning up everywhere.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You know, Joe, that it was Chuck Norris who invented the Internet, not Al Gore.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I thought it was a Canadian ... cuz we're waaaaaaay smart.

Draft saved Draft deleted