1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell's Kitchen Season 7... Anybody watching?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I don't like anybody so far. I also can't imagine Ramsey hiring a head chef who cries all the time.

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I was stunned that the one walked out during service. You think Chef Ramsey is wrong? Wow. Just wow. If that's the case, then I don't trust you with making my Quarter Pounder with Cheese, much less running a London bistro. (And if I'm not mistaken, he has the "Hell's Kitchen" tattoo; good luck living that down, bud.)

Also loved chef calling out both groups for trying to eliminate the one they hate the most instead of the one that was actually the worst cook and overruling their choices. Now both groups are working with cooks with big-time chips on their shoulders. They may not be able to cook macaroni and cheese but the tension will be high and that's going to be some good reality TV.

Edit: Oops, I was mistaken.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The guy who walked out was not the guy with the tattoo. The guy who was elimimated has it.

Zippy hot chicks this season.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Same with the guy from New York or Jersey who stormed out last season yapping that he wasn't "anybody's bitch" (as I recall Ramsey just asked him who his team was putting up for elimination). It's like people on Survivor who bitch about how tough it is: you know going in that Ramsay will lose his shit constantly and it shouldn't be a surprise.

You're right Ryan, no hotties this season and aside from Ed and Scott I don't see anyone who really stands out as a winner. I have always wondered what chefs with the talent and credentials to work in one of Ramsay's "restrunts" (as he calls them) think of people on this show who can't get the risotto or the bass or the wellington right and in some cases, can't cook a fucking egg.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't the first person eliminated cook for celebrities? Wonder how many of her clients bailed after watching that debacle last week?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I believe she did, she was listed as a private chef.

Siobhan, the pub chef, cries way too much. No way somebody like that could work for Ramsay.

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That's what I think. And the place up for grabs this season is RAMSEY'S place in LONDON! Holy crap, the eliminations will all be like the last one, where if the worst chef isn't there he's going to get them himself. He can't have crap represent him in his town, that's a fact.

8. I'm convinced he's just some hick from South Carolina. That accent is beyond ridiculous.

9. I think I would do pretty well on this show. Ninety percent of getting through everything is not getting broken down by Ramsey screaming in your face and kicking trash cans around. I always see his freakouts and it reminds me of my dad's temper, so that's old hat to me.

The bad news is I can only cook grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly and a few assorted crockpot dishes.

The good news is you only have to learn how to cook three things to impress him: beef welling, risotto and halibut.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Those are pretty common dishes on the show. They must be really easy to f-up, thus making for maximum Ramsay f-bombing potential.

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Loved the line on last night's show (can't remember from whom): "I'm sorry, from the bottom of my ass!"

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I stumbled on this two weeks ago and am absolutely hooked.

I'd love to get Ramsay in my office to "motivate" the Friday night football crew.

Draft saved Draft deleted