1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello Friends: Official Masters tuuuuuurnament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 1, 2012.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

For non-Martha Burk on-the-course-only crowd.

Lots of subplots going into the week. Can Tiger win No. 5 (but first since '04)? Can Phil catch Tiger with No. 4 (he won in '04, '06, '10 and T5 in '08)? Will Rory find redemption? Will a nondescript name come out of nowhere.

Best golf week of the year.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

a/k/a The "I'm In The Lottery" Crowd. :)

I am the most casualest of golf fans, and I really really don't like Tiger the person, but I'll be watching pretty closely to see if this is the comeback. Once he's off the leaderboard, I'm gone. Don't care about a single other golfer in the world. But it's damn compelling as long as he's in striking distance.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seriously,'non-Martha Burk' crowd? Cheap shot, my friend.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He was talking about someone named Martha Burke (don't know her story), not Martha Burk. So I think it's cool.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

40% chance of rain on Thursday and Friday. That takes about 2/3 of the field out. If Augusta is hard and fast, then basically everyone is in it. Soft and spongy, the bombers will whale away on fairways that are airplane friendly.

Woods, Mickelson, Cabrera, Woodland, Couples will all be in the mix.

Woods to win.

6. MileHigh

It was. "E" me.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It wasn't the E that set me off. She's a total pill with a misdirected message. Just didn't want to be considered part of her 'crowd.'

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Mahan might be a pretty good darkhorse, if you can call the now-No. 4 player in the world a darkhorse. Has a hot putter and has shown a lot more mental toughness since crying at the last Ryder Cup.

I like Phil in part because he had a poor finish last year. He never has two bad Masters in a row.

Will always root for Freddie but four rounds is the perennial question mark. Rain won't do his back any favors.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I have no plans to be in front of a television on either Saturday or Sunday. I've got 2:00 starting times on both days. In fact, with Sunday being a holiday, I just might be tempted to play 36.

10. MileHigh

I know it wasn't the "e." It was a cheap shot.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Pretty darned good time to play golf. I'd DVR the coverage and watch it commercial free at night, turning a 3-hour telecast into ... 2:48?

12. MileHigh

The best tradition unlike any other -- except for the year there were no commercials.

Draft saved Draft deleted