1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HEISMAN: Troy's Myth

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jimmy Olson, Nov 16, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Bet you're full of crap. They'd be in the running for either division title.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Comparing team stats such as rushing yards allowed doesn't mean much unless the teams you're comparing played the exact same schedule under the exact same conditions.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

bet you couldn't catch sarcasm

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I realize that, but given that someone attempted to tout McFadden and blast Rice by doing so, the least I could do was attach the national rankings to the teams he listed there.

5. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Out: Can't speak for Knute, but my intention wasn't to make it a "race thing".....at least not in the context of the conversation as a whole (Smith's qualification for the Heisman). Don't think it is, not even for a second.

However, with THAT particular poster (JO), tossing out THAT particular argument (Smith's a thug), yeah.....it sure felt like he was headed down THAT particular path. You call it fanboy exuberance, just smelled differently to me.

Of course, I could be full of crap. Just makes today the same as any other day ;D

6. dooley_womack1

There's been enough Big East bashing here to assume that the statement was made at face value. But it's good you're around to monitor my efforts.

7. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Wow, Dools. 22,000 posts, and you don't recognize the sarcasm font.

8. dooley_womack1

I recognize it just fine, thanks. So you're saying there haven't been people here who have earnestly said that Big East teams would suck playing in the SEC? Why would I assume you any different?

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Context, brother.
    If you were reading the thread, even the post in question, you had to see where I was coming from.

10. Jimmy Olson

Jimmy Olson Member

Out of place, I'm not sure where these guys are getting the "biased ND homer" from. Probably reaching from the same place they base their arguements.

Funny thing is, I don't care for ND due to my own school's relationship with them. These guys create a ND related user name and then sign on and bash ND. Seems like FanBoy-to-the-phone booth to me.

You shine a spotlight on the misgivings of their "superhero" and they drop to the floor and throw a tantrum. Amusing to say the least.

Further, they miss the entire point of my post, which is that the Troy's Myth campaign is a Disney attempt at brainwashing just to sell their own network. Somehow, they twist that into me being a Notre Dame National.com guy? Amusing. Hmmmmm.... why wouldn't I vote for Brady Quinn over Ray Rice if that were true?

Evidently, fanboy lives here now, and his name is Knute Rockney....yet he hates Notre Dame -- somehow, I might be missing some major clues.

Oh well.

I guess he can choose whichever forum he wishes, to make an ass of himself.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Laymay, Knute said it more directly, but you both made accusations on that path.

Jimmy, sorry if I was way off there. My point was more that I thought it was ridiculous to call any criticism of Smith racism.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Sure, Jimmy.
    ESPN got all its college football heads together and said, Hey, we broadcast more Ohio State games than Notre Dame games, so let's pump Troy Smith for the Heisman.
    Yep, that's how it works at the big media conglomerates. Conspiracies just like the government runs.
    You are a schmoe.

Draft saved Draft deleted