1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman time, well sort of

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 3, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hesiman ballots go out in a couple of weeks.
    Any suggestions?

I'm pretty underwhelmed because it seems like nobody is particularly great this season.
    Yeah, Tebow, blah. Numbers aren't very good but he is like the Second Coming or something. And to include him in the discussion is to make it a career award, as opposed to having the best possible season, like it was intended.
    Bradford's out, McCoy is boring and the running back at Alabama, his name escapes me, isn't really a candidate, if, you know, people can't remember his name. That, and while he might be the Tide's best offensive player, Alabama has at least three who are better on defense.
    Clausen at Notre Dame might be in the mix, but not because of what he has done, mostly because he's the QB at Notre Dame.
    The QB at Oregon might be on the list, maybe. The Cincy QB could be a darkhorse finalist, but no way in hell does he win.
    Is it really Tebow's to lose, just be default?

2. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

18 TDs, 2 picks. Against Michigan, BC, Michigan St., Washington and Purdue, he led 4th-quarter drives to take the lead. Against Washington and Purdue, it came inside the last 1:30. Only two games he lost, his D gave up 38 and 34 points. I'm not saying he's your Heisman winner, but let's not say he doesn't deserve ANY recognition.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Clausen didn't play for Notre Dame he'd probably be the favorite right now. But ND/Weis hate is so strong playing for them works against him.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that. I mean, if Case Keenum were Notre Dame's quarterback, he would be a lock to win the Heisman right now. Because he's at Houston, Keenum has to deal with the ghosts of Andre Ware and David Klingler.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I have no idea how his overall statistics measure up, but I think about the most impressive guy I've seen on the tube this year is that Georgia Tech QB, Josh Nesbitt. He runs that option running offense masterfully and is fun as hell to watch. Every time I've seen Ga Tech play, I've wondered why that guy never gets mentioned in the Heisman talk.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I like him, but with teammate Jonathan Dwyer having better numbers (904 yards, 6.2 ypc) than Nesbitt (763 yards, 4.1 ypc), I wonder if they split votes.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Golden Tate is more important to ND than Clausen.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Have to delete points because he can't throw for shit.

9. Armchair_QB

Keenum's problem is similar to Clausen's - guilt by association.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Noel Devine. [/fanboi font]

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It should be Christian Ponder.... anyone else is a joke

12. Armchair_QB

He should at least be in the conversation.

And, yeah, Ponder should get more attention too.

Draft saved Draft deleted