1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heisman: Does Crabtree have a chance? And other awards-related thoughts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 10, 2008.

1. If I had a Heisman vote, which I don't (Hell, I'd be happy if the W.Va. AP would give someone other than the Charleston media the damn AP Top 25 vote!) I would vote for Michael Crabtree. The man is awesome.
    Graham Harrell would get my No. 2 vote, followed by JP Wilson (just kidding Slap!).
    No one seems to be talking about Crabtree.
    Does he even have a chance at the Heisman?

My other votes
    Coach of the Year: Mike Leach (F.U. Nick Saban!)
    QB of the Year: Graham Harrell or Sam Bradford
    Running Back of the Year: Javon Ringer, Mich. St.
    Defensive Player of the Year: I have NO idea, but anyone in the Big 10 and the Pac 10 should be eliminated. I'm leaning toward that massive pile of humanity (can't remember his name and I'm too lazy to look it up) on Alabama's four line.

Biggest disappointment (individual): Pat White
    Biggest disappointment (team): WVU .. not even close.
    Biggest coaching disappointment: Charlie Weis.. They had six built-in wins to become bowl eligible and couldn't get it done.
    Runners up: Bill Stewart, WVU, Ty Willingham, Washington (0-for-Jesus!), Ron Zook, Illinois.

That's mine.
    Thoughts?
    Other nominees?

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If Leach loses to Oklahoma and doesn't make to the Big 12 championship game, is he still coach of the year?

Too early.

3. No. Of course not.
    It is early but what the hell.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

there are folks who don't quite get how good the pac-10 is, who dismiss it like it's the big east.

have you seen maualuga play linebacker?

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Damn you have a hardon for USC ;)

Heisman: Bradford
    Coach: Leach
    QB: Bradford
    RB: Shonn Greene
    Defensive player: Terrence Cody
    Disappointment: Juice Williams
    Dis Team: West Virginia
    Dis Coach: Zook

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

It is just those sort of comments that enhance the East Coast bias and make us West Coasters go on the defensive.
    USC has the No. 1 defense in the nation, yet on a national message board somebody posts that anybody from the Big Ten and Pac-10 should be eliminated from any defensive player of the year consideration.
    Save the idiotic comments for your blog.
    (I'm expecting Paper Dragon on here any minute to call me a fanboi again. Boy, is he misguided.)

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

lakers, dodgers, l.a. rams, kings, usc. lived and died with them growing up. so yes, raging boner ;D ... but over the years the fanboi sort of died down. now i just watch sports for the love of the game. if usc wins, great. if usc loses, oh well; but you better motherfuckin' beat pucla and those indiana catholic boys!

anyhoo...

heisman: qb of the team that wins the big 12.

qb: ditto.

rb: greene.

coach: leach or saban or north carolina's coach (fuck, i'm blanking on his name).

disappointment: clemson in every conceivable fashion.

disappointing coach: terry bowden.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Mount Cody might not even be the best defensive player on his own team. But on the other side of the line, Andre Smith deserves every lineman award you can think to give him.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Bitch Davis is at UNC (at first a typo, but I kinda like it).

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

And good call on Clemson being disappointing...although they disappoint on an annual basis.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Arizona State gets my vote for most disappointing team from year to year. There is no reason that they can't be a top 10 team every year.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have killed for less.

Draft saved Draft deleted