1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hee Haw alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

On CMT now at the halfway point. Tonight's guest: The Man in Black.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Honestly? I cared more about the Jefferson's alert. And, I didn't care about that one bit. No offense, though. ;D :D

3. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I'm guessing the alert is more about Johnny Cash being the guest than the fact that "Hee Haw" is on.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

As sad as this is, I did watch one segment of it a couple of weeks ago where they were in the barber shop.

Today at lunch, I also watched a newer Happy Days featuring Melvin Belvin and KC. Then I watched Home Improvement and laughed at part of it -- possibly an all-time low.

Then I listened to KC's "Give It Up" on the radio. Again, perhaps an all-time low for audio/visual fare.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, if you're too good to enjoy Johnny Cash pickin' an' grinnin' with the Hee Haw regulars and doing the "you met another and *pbbbbt* you were gone" bit, then I weep for your soul.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Thank god fo TiVo, so we can record all of the great television programming.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I did enjoy Johnny's performance as the coyote on the wild jalapeno episode of the Simpsons. Saw it last night while watching Season 8 DVDs.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The only thing I have to say to Mystery Meat is...

SAAAAAAALLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So if they relaunched "Hee Haw" with a new cast, who would play the roles of Buck Owens and Roy Clark?

I'd vote for Lyle Lovett and Brian Setzer.

Jessica Simpson and Britney, of course, as the first two Hee Haw Honeys. Rosie O'Donnell as Luella the big fat country chick.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Some of my most fond memories are those during which I'd share a recliner with my grandfather (affectionately known as "Paw" to the grandchildren) eating a BLT, watching Hee-Haw.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TBF, I have memories like that as well. I used to watch Hee Haw with my grandparents too. Earlier tonight, I was flipping around and came across it on CMT. I called them to let them know. My grandmother was very happy I did.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Hey, Starman, what's for supper."

"Fetid tubes of rotting flesh floating in a malodorous swill."

"YUM, YUM!"

Draft saved Draft deleted