1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heavy hundred of sports talk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Nov 7, 2013.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Maybe its a Boston-NY thing but people here listen to Francesa's TV simulcast more than they do the ESPN national guys

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

You could make a drinking game of how many times O'Brien name drops or talks about things he's done. It would take about 1 minute before you were drunk.

3. printit

printit Member

This. It's an apples and oranges comparison. I guess the point is who is the best, but local hosts are really doing something completely different than what national hosts are doing.

I love that #14 is a tie. Like this is some scientific poll. Still, a fun list. Thanks to OP for posting.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Scott Van Pelt not on the list of mouth-breathers. I think he'd probably be happy to be left off.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A sane society would have these 100 people rounded up and put away somewhere.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dan McNeil comes in at number 40.

He's off the air again: http://bit.ly/1gv5vAE

But, this time it's not a suspension, he's "taking a break from the station to deal with personal issues".

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think my IQ just dropped 20 points just by reading that list.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

New York is the biggest and most influential market in sports. So, a list of most important hosts rightly reflects that.

It's not just how big an audience it is, it's who is in it.

And, do Cowherd and the others even generate as much revenue as Francesa's show?

9. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

Missanelli is tied with Le Batard at No. 14.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Christ, How did I miss that?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I really, really hope he sees this list and brings it up on his Yahoo! show at some point. I think being behind both McNabb AND Stephen A. Smith will send him on a five-minute snarkalicious rant that will be the highlight of my commute.
    Any time Stephen A. does something stupid, the glee in Czaban's voice makes me giggle.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Good news: Dino Costa didn't make the list.
    Better news: Dino Costa isn't in radio currently either.

Draft saved Draft deleted