1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heat Index

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Roethlisberger has never sniffed 1/100th the fame LeBron has. The comparison isn't a fair one. LeBron is on the Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods level so the fall from that tier is a very large one.

Acting like a douche = Being a dick.
    Being a criminal = Being a criminal.

So, no he's not on the level of the wife beaters/rapists/murderers of the sports world, but he has made quite the fall from the tier where he was.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. Sports.Scribe

Sports.Scribe New Member

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I consider Windhorst the best beat writer in the NBA, but did anyone not think he wouldn't be involved with LeBron somehow, someway, no matter where he went?

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

You are dreaming. ESPN's business model is impenetrable. And your estimate is WAY high. Live sports, PTI, OTL, NFL Live -- that's a pretty big chunk of their day. And that's quality programming.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Exactly. My favorite part of "Dazed and Confused" is Matthew McConaughey's line, "That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age." That is ESPN's business model. By the time you're 25 and sick and tired of all the bullshit, some 18-year-old is arriving on a college campus to replace you for the next six years, and he thinks it's new and fresh. As long as 18- to 24-year-old men exist, ESPN is going to be just fine.

7. Mizzougrad96

ESPN will be fine because there's nothing else. On the Internet there is, and I much prefer CBS Sports, Yahoo Sports and SI.com to ESPN.com. But from a TV standpoint, there's really no other place to go to get scores and highlights.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget that ESPN's game production is often excellent.

9. Mizzougrad96

ESPN does a great job with College Football Gameday and NFL Gameday. The 30 for 30 series has been outstanding. Outside the Lines, The Sports Reporters are all great as well.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How many people here watch the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB Networks more and ESPN less?

ESPN does a better product on NFL games? I am listening to Gruden as I type this.

Any coorperation can fall. The last three years should have taught us that.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Damn, I hope State Farm fucks them UP this year.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nationwide mother fuckers. Nationwide.

Draft saved Draft deleted