1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Health Care - Get It Done

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Question. I heard on here that my employer isn't allowed to discontinue my health care. What if I leave my employer and the new place does not elect to give me health care? I would suppose the government could force employers to hire new employees with health benefits. So how many employers are going to do this?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Could you point out how this would happen under the new legislation?

3. highlander

highlander Member

Depending upon what state you live in. In some states you might have few choices. That's one of the changes that need to me made, allow you to buy from any company.

4. highlander

highlander Member

Guess who is in charge of making sure you have the correct insurance? The loving IRS. Anything that give that bunch more power has to be taken with a grain of salt. Who would have ever thought you'd be required to buy government-approved health insurance?

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They're saying on CNN that Obama is going to address the American people later tonight, after the vote.

Are people really going to be watching at 10:30, 11 or later on the east coast?

I know if I wasn't working on the desk tonight, I would have something better to do!

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Adding 30 million people who can't pay is a good fucking start.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You don't understand how insurance pools work, do you?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you do, you're just being obtuse for the sake of it, as with your last clever picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.