1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Headphones and Ipods

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Full of Shit, Oct 3, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was one of the people who put Moddy onto the Shure 2Cs. I have been using the same pair for more than 2 years. Great sound quality and fit my ears like a glove. I have never tried the 3Cs, they are the next ones up in the line. Can't imagine how much better they can be than the 2Cs, which are pretty damned good.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I'm a Dell guy, too... and as big an iTunes/iPod fan you will find.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I meant Dell Digital Jukebox, not computer.

4. I use the earbuds that came with the iPod. Are they really that bad?

I tried some Philips in-ear thingys not too long ago -- just to see if that genre of headphones worked for me. Never were comfortable. I can't justify spending $99 or whatever for the Shures when I'm not sold on the idea of in-ear headphones even feeling good.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My hearing's fucked after years of concerts, loud bars, Walkmans etc., so while I'm not that particular about what kind of headphones I have, I am a commuter so I need to shut out all the shit I hear on the bus in the morning.

I have a Shuffle and went through the ones that came with it and a pair of Panasonic's that were shit. I spent $30 on some Sony ones at Best Buy and they work fine.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I just picked up Sony MDR-NC6 noise-canceling headphones for $59 at Best Buy. I'm not an expert but they perform more than well enough for me and they're a lot more comfortable for me than the buds.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have iPod earbuds that go completely in the ear and you can barely tell they're in there... They were between $40-$50 and they're fantastic...

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The iPod earbuds had to be designed by someone who hates people.

9. Mizzougrad96

Or someone who wants everyone to go out and buy an upgrade as it sounds like most of us did...

I spend several hours a week transcribing interviews, several hours a week at the gym and another several hours listening to my iPod either while traveling, mowing the lawn, etc...

The ones I have are by far the most comfortable I've ever tried...

10. Mizzougrad96

These are the ones I have... Retail price: $39...

Fucking love them...

[​IMG]

11. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

I imagine you have all your music in iTunes. If you don't, there are programs you can find on the Net to pull your music off your iPod. I have a program I downloaded, but I can't find the site I got it from.

12. Mizzougrad96

I have more than one iPod and I had no trouble putting my music on both of them...

Draft saved Draft deleted