1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He may be a man and he may be 40 ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good point.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She's probably like most wives of football coaches who never see their husbands and for the most part, are fine with that...

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the Bobby Petrino vs. the newbie radio reporter who wore a Florida hat to a presser last year. I mean...really?!?

A decade ago, I'm covering WCHA hockey, talking with the head coach in our market. Our photographer is from a neighboring state and has a North Dakota Fighting Sioux hat.

Once the interviewer ends, the coach pulls me aside, quietly, and says, "if he ever shows up in that hat again, I'm not talking to you."

More in shock than anything else and, with the bluster of also being a radio sports talker at the time, I looked at the coach - and we had gotten along great in the year since he got there - and said, "You guys haven't won a home series all year. Is this worth your time?"

He froze me out for the rest of their 10th place season. But, by the next year, we were all good... until the Frozen Four four years later when, because the SID got the interview time incorrect, he blamed *me* for being late.

I had to have our other reporter ask my questions, at the podium, because he wouldn't acknowledge me in the media room. :)

Even his wife apologized to me for his behavior afterwards.

Some coaches...

4. OklahomaSports

OklahomaSports New Member

Second Oklahoma State coach in a row that has been totally classless (Les Miles). You think he's a little bitter that OU has beaten his team 9 straight years? Once a little brother, always a little brother.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This contractor wasn't working for a media outlet, so I'm not sure this really applies. He's a guy trying to make ends meet, and because of a big fucking ego, he might not be able to now. Congrats, Mr. Gundy. Go tell your story to your future recruits.

Draft saved Draft deleted