1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He may be a man and he may be 40 ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BurnsWhenIPee, Aug 12, 2011.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

... but Mike Gundy also is a fucking idiot.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-oklahomastate-wrongshirt

I'm all for the importance of sports and that stuff, but if he has a brain bigger than an acorn, shouldn't common sense kick in at some point and he realize that he needs to get a grip?

If this is true, of course, which given his past outbursts I would bet it is.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Christmas with Cale must be a hoot.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

He's a complete moron, but he's a complete moron in a way OSU fans eat up.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But shouldn't Gundy be more concerned that the guy wasn't wearing a Baylor or Tulsa shirt? Those are the teams at his competitive level.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

Or he could have used some humor and came back the next day with a box of OSU football gear to give to the worker(s), telling them that he felt sorry for them having to wear those ratty OU clothes.

But he gets that worked up over not only an OU shirt, but an OU baseball shirt? And says that the worker offended his wife by wearing it on "OSU soil"? Good lord.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Yet he'll still be treated with respect by the media.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

BINGO!

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"If I were a carpenter
    And you were a Gundy
    Wore my OU shirt, anyway
    Would you fire me on Monday?"

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sheesh, Mike ... I was in the ballpark with you on that QB thing years ago ... now, I'm not sure we're in the same galaxy ...

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

What if the carpenter simply says, "I use it as a fucking work shirt so to not get my t-shirts worth a shit dirty."

Gundy's emblematic of many people who are hired to be "leaders" in our society: Too arrogant to realize how utterly fucking ignorant they are.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Files a suit for more than $10K in damages, but says that he lost $30K in expected income? My guess is this thing gets thrown out pretty darn quickly, or a settlement is reached. Then again, Gundy doesn't seem like the type to cave.

12. BurnsWhenIPee

I agree it will probably be settled, but I'd love to see Gundy's argument if it came to court ...

LAWYER: So you had a contract with the plaintiff to do the work on your house, is that correct?
    GUNDY: But he wore an OU shirt on OSU soil! It upset my wife!
    JUDGE (to the bailiff): Jesus Christ, just shoot this stupid bastard.

Gundy is someone who thinks he has the right to bully people around because of his position. The fact that his position is as football coach at Oklahoma Fucking State makes that an even more ridiculous stance to take.

Draft saved Draft deleted