1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He could be, he might be...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jul 5, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

FIRED!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2509667

Sounds like HE GONE!

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not yet ... but after the Cubs get swept in four games at Wrigley North this weekend, he'll be out the door.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dammit!

I can't wait for the day when I can call Wrigley Miller Park South. Just like in the 80s when the Brewers played at Comiskey Park and it was often a 50-50 crowd. Cubs fans need to let their apathy rise to late 70s levels, when they were drawing flies.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'll be really curious to see what the fanbase is like this weekend. With the "Take back Miller Park" campaign and the Cubs' pathetic performance this year, I'm willing to bet it'll be 70-30 in favor of the Brewers, if not more.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I didn't know they were doing that. I might buy a ticket to show my solidarity. Fuck the Cubs.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

As long as firing Dusty means less Neifi, I'm all for it. I'm sure Hammer Pants will be doing cartwheels, while brightly colored nylon flaps in the wind.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

If they fire Baker, can they please please please re-hire Lee Elia?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I remember going to games as a 7-year-old and switching seats every inning. I could have switched seats every pitch.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Not with today's ADHD medications you wouldn't. ;D

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bring back Charlie Metro or Elvin Tappe . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted