1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HBO's Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 17, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I just hate the fact that the blondes all have such bad wigs. Lena Headey's hair looks faker than Donald Trump's. I guess for the fans of the books, the fact that she's a blonde would be important, but she's a pretty sexy brunette and I find her hair a bit distracting.

Whomever wrote the novels (I'm too lazy to look it up) must have once dated a really bitchy blonde. So far the moral seems to be, Blondes are EVIL! :)

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Great casting on the little prince dude. You just want to smack the snot of out of that kid.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

George R. R. Martin wrote the books.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I hope that little girl has the chance to gut that kid.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have got to get me one of those dogs.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This thing has really picked up. The on-demand episode on HBOGo is incredible. I'm not sure I'd want to mess with the Dothraki. They seem unstable.

7. 93Devil

After watching it last night, this show might be getting a little too gross for me.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We've been watching it. I think that there are some great scenes in it, but for a 10 episode season, there is just too much to keep up with.

Dinklage has a chance to win an Emmy -- he has been the star for me.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Aww, that was a hell of a way to dispatch an enemy at the end. (not gonna spoil it for those who haven't seen yet).

10. 93Devil

Without a doubt on the Imp. He is fantastic.

But the sword fight in the sky, did the kill shot need three gallons of blood?

I would almost rather see them run three different one-hour shows at the start of this (The Wall, the Dragon and Ned) and then slowly bring them together into one show in a season or two.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm really liking it. I haven't read the books, so I don't know, but I think the guy in Kings Landing that seems to be a friend to Stark is going to turn out to be working with to the Lanisters.
    I also think the Imp is going turn out to a friend. He never has done anything to be considered a bad guy ... actually the opposite.
    As for the ending this week, good riddance.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert: He's going to come back as C-3PO.

And count me in on Dinklage. He's been fantastic, and probably my favorite character thus far, along with Ned Stark's younger daughter.

Draft saved Draft deleted