1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hawaii AD: "Very real" possibility the football program shuts down.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Aug 20, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Deserves?

What does that even mean? How? Why?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

NMSU and Idaho are both Sun Belt associate members. No longer independent.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

In college sports the school the school in the stronger conference almost never wants to let the in-state rival in. It allow the school from the less prestigious conference gain credibility and potentially make them more competitive with the the more established school. One of the few times that I can think of an in-state rival letting another school in was when Virginia Tech joined the ACC. But that was done because the governor of Virginia made UVA do it.

I think that is why the SEC picked up Missouri rather than Georgia Tech, Clemson. Miami or Florida State, all of whom I believe would have jumped if they had received an SEC offer.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And they haven't beaten the Hokies since.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Back in the 80s when the Kansas State football team was the worst in the country and enrollment was sinking fast there was a lot of talk about kicking K-State out of the Big 8, but Kansas went to bat for them and helped keep them in the conference. If the KU folks had known KSU was about to hire Bill Snyder and he'd do what he did, the response might have been different.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Alabama fixes and maintains no infrastructure, for the record...

Draft saved Draft deleted