1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever slept with a girl you met on the internet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 20, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"[Leo] has never been in love - at least, nobody's ever been in love with him. If things don't change for him, he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like shit, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work."

[​IMG]

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not me. Do CB radios count?

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Sorry ... I'll get an alarm to wake me anytime anyone posts that picture again.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

me, too, and i'm 33. i'm not the dweeby nerd that no one wants to go near, but that just reinforces my point that the internet would have been a great tool for me to meet chicks.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Same here. I'm 26 and can't deal with rejection (self-esteem ain't that high, either), so I don't bother trying. I just opened a My Space account -- hopefully that'll get me going again.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Yeah, but you guys can't go hiding behind the internet. At some point you will have to meet in person, and then you'll be back to square one, having to deal with your lack of social graces. Fix the problem at its source (insecurity) and then you can use any medium (bar, internet, church social mixer, whatever) to meet girls.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Internet can be a great tool when used right.

For me, it was perfect because every day for six months, I wrote to my pen pal about wherever the day took me, and she did likewise. Then by chance, we were going to be at the same place at the same time, so we decided to meet. Took in a baseball game and had a good time. Met for lunch the next day and hooked up. In person, we clicked just the same. It's been a fairy tale ever since.

All that started for me at 29, going on 30 just one year ago. We got to know each other as friends from the start, which has helped everything else down the line.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm just stunned that nick3849 is 26.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Is that all?

Shit, it's all so simple!

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Why is that, DWG? Just curious.

12. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

without reading all the post:

I've slept with a sportsjournalists.com member, met my wife from yahoo! personals and hooked up with a girl from cupid.com and off of AIM.

Draft saved Draft deleted