1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you ever slept with a girl you met on the internet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 20, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

I happy as can be buck...just tired of so many assholes around here

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Two of my last three girlfriends communicated through AIM/MySpace before we started talking on the phone and dating shortly thereafter. But I'm not sure if it counts for this thread because I basically met them through my younger brother, not the Internet.

I agree about MySpace and being single, though. If you're in a relationship, there are many fewer reasons to log on and scroll down hoping for new friend requests, comments and messages.

3. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Yeah, I met this one girl, we had a nice conversation online, but she made it pretty clear she liked doing it on her profile. Anyway, one night, one meeting, we had a nice date, we did it and I've never heard from her again. Not only was I used there, but I probably should have been tested the next day — probably not my smartest hour by a long shot, but it was fun.

And yes, the Internet is about the only place to meet people, especially on my schedule in the size of town I live in. I haven't really used MySpace all that much though.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Following my friend's first internet-bang, we grilled him with questions. That was back in like 1999 or something, straight of an AOL chat room.

Would you bang her again? Maybe.
    Would you be seen in public with her? No way.

Damn, this Heat-Mavs game is thrilling ...

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Had the Internet been around when I was 21 years old, I could have seen very bad things happening to myself.

Very, very bad things.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A former D1 bigtime track athlete I know, after two failed marriages and realizing no one else would date him, actually went the Thai mailorder bride route.
    Twice.
    First one, she took his money and left him high and dry. Second one, so far so good.

7. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

this seems like a spirited conversation.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

NO, DAMMIT! IT'S A SPNITED CONVERSATION!

;D ;D ;D

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the hours we work? If it weren't for the internet some of us would never get any...cept Boots.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

To answer the thread question, no.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Three things: (why am I posting in list form tonight?)

1. No, but I'm, ahem, well, working on it?

2. Basically, isn't A_F saying, "BLOGS! MYSPACE!"?

3. The utter hilarity of spnited saying he's tired of all the assholes on here, well, it was a nice way to top off the day. Thanks, spirited!!!

12. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

yep.

and yet it freaks me out as well. I might could talk myself into frequently dating someone I met on match.com or something, but I don't think I'd be able to take the relationship completely seriously.

Draft saved Draft deleted