1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have I missed the thread ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 13, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

... where Fenian has been braying indigantly about the warrentless surveillance of Lady Diana by the Clintons?

Hmmmm?

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Have I missed the part that said "The Clintons granted approval to the NSA for the wiretapping..."?

Also, what does the NSA's wiretapping of Lady Di indicate about the plan overall -- isn't it safe to say that The Pope, Bono, Rupert Murdoch, and even a recent Democratic nominee for President were also tapped if someone as inconsequential as Lady Di was?

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Henry, why do you hate America?

More to the point, why do you hate Lady Di?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And why do you hate FB?

6. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Seems like the headline doesn't match the story: The NSA is saying IT never wire-tapped Diana...But it certainly doesn't count as a full-fledged denial that any such wire-tapping happened.

(From the last two grafs of the story, which strikes me as burying the lede a little.)

7. Mighty_Wingman

Yes, because FB certainly has never expressed hate of any kind on this board or any other. A Christlike figure, really.

8. Ummmmm, when did Lady Diana become a US citizen?

The uproar over the NSA program was because it WAS BEING DONE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION OF EXISITING FEDERAL LAW.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Not QUITE true...Existing federal law, as far as I can recall from the sound and the fury of that pointless "scandal," called for Bush to clear it with a pre-selected group of judges.

BUT, a long-standing series of executive orders -- dating back to long before the Dubya administration -- also said presidents weren't actually bound to consult with anyone.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sure, Fenian has a temper. But I've only really seen him lash out against the moneychangers in the temple.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Some reports have indicated that the tapped conversations were between Lady Di and American billionaire Theodore Forstmann.

Draft saved Draft deleted