1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have fun flying this summer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 19, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

On the bright side, I fly to France on Monday. On the darker side, widespread strikes mean there may be no domestic flights in France (my destination is Bordeaux), trains, or gasoline for cars. So the security line at Logan isn't my biggest worry (never has it been bad at international terminal in my experience).

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Uggg...unless I miss it...how does the story not give an context for those numbers - how it compared to previous years, etc. A non-zero amount of people are going to miss flights but I have no idea what a reasonable number is to compare those numbers to...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is not all the TSA's fault. With airlines charging such high fees for every bag checked, everying is carting everything with them through screening and cramming them in the bins.

But the new perk is the TSA pre-check. You can apply for it, but they also seem to hand them out seemingly randomly.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not enough TSA workers ... but someone at JetBlue had the time to tell "Maggie McMuffin" to lose the short shorts:

I'll comply with the Poin File rules:

[​IMG]

There's plenty more NSFW pics of Ms. McMuffin on the Google ...

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Enough for an all-day breakfast?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My next flight is a late June Friday morning 9 a.m.-er. Worried that two hours early won't be enough.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted