1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have ESPN Fantasy Leagues been taken over by Time-Warner Cable?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Apr 7, 2007.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm a week into my first experience with ESPN Fantasy Leagues and the server is a mess. It's so poor, they've sent all their members the apology posted below. No live scoring, bad recording keeping, waiver wire mistakes -- the problems are too many to list. Too bad our league can't switch to Yahoo but for damn sure we will next year!

Part of the letter from ESPN:

We have been and continue to devote all of our resources to fixing the problems we have had with live scoring, rosters and waiver wire moves. I am sorry that we have not communicated well enough with you this week. You'll hear from ESPN again this Saturday afternoon at 5:00 PM EDT. We also have a toll-free number (also on each team and league page) that you can call to talk to a person who can help answer questions (1-888-549-ESPN).

We take great pride in our fantasy products and are doing everything possible to have your League play be smooth and enjoyable. We do appreciate your patience and plan to have everything in order with your League shortly.

Sincerely,

John Kosner and the ESPN.com Fantasy Team

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

This happened when they switched to free football last year. I'm not surprised, it's why we stayed with Yahoo.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The last three or so years I did ESPN I got similar letters. They've been a disaster for probably 5 years now. I had something like 5 teams one year because they gave me a free one every time a live draft went haywire.

I've never quite understood why free leagues on Yahoo are so smooth and relatively error-free while the pay leagues on ESPN were always a joke.

I won't go near an ESPN league now.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

We've got a keeper league set up here with an auto draft to fill out the rosters. It was an absolute disaster.

Pretty much the same thing happened with football. They do up a big commercial campaign but forget to reinforce the servers.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I had a waiver bid for a player that was supposed to go through "about 3 a.m. Thursday." It never went through and I noticed that he was a free agent, so (with the free-agent bid for him still listed as pending) I picked him up as a free agent. Argh.

Draft saved Draft deleted