1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hattrick - online soccer game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lollygaggers, Jan 23, 2010.

1. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

Lost my first friendly 10-0, not a good start for the lads.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Traveled to Italy for a friendly (a mistake) and we lost 3-2. My youth club lost 4-2, but I did my first transfer!!!

How often should I play a match? Once a week or more often?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You need to play twice a week. You'll have your league game once a week on Sunday nights, and then either a friendly or a cup game on Wednesdays (it might be Tuesday or Thursday if you travel for an international friendly). The Cup runs from the beginning of the season, but for your first few seasons you'll be knocked out in the first round or two, then you have that night open for friendlies.

You should pick a position to train and have two full sets of that position, one to play each night, so that they all get training. You have to play each week in the proper position to get training.

So for example, you could train forwards. Then you'd want to play a 3-4-3 formation (to get the maximum amount of players in training position) and have six different forwards that each play one game per week. Then set your training to scoring (maybe switch it to passing once in a while to mix that in as well). Or you could train keepers, and you'd just need two.

Draft saved Draft deleted