1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has anyone else bought substandard black- or grey-market DVDs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of the friendless, Oct 17, 2007.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The Significant Other's birthday present for me was, she warned me, a TV fix: As it turned out, the complete Maverick series on DVD. It came as a surprise, mostly because I'd never seen it advertised or announced in release. On closer review, no copyright stuff, no extras, low-low-low-rent production and pacakaging (two 13 disc packs, stacked one on top of each other, begging to get damaged). I checked it out on the site she purchased from, about $150. Picture ranges from mediocre to unwatchable and murky (with all kinds of sound and picture cut-outs). Thankfully she didn't buy me a watch off the street.

This is the same outfit that had WKRP DVDs before the official (and much criticized) release a few months back. Has anyone had any other experiences with bootleg DVDs? The sports ones I've picked up seem fine.

YHS, etc

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No experience with DVD's but I've got a bootlegged copy of your new book and it was only $2.00. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted