1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd start a separate thread for those who HAVE read the book, and want to debate it. See you over here in a few days.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Re: Harry Potter, Deathly Hollows (spoilers allowed)

I'm doubting I'll be able to read the thing without reading spoilers somewhere. I'm going to try -- not clicking on anything (I figured this thread was safe today) -- but some wise-ass website will have a headline or something that will give it away.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I may seriously have to lock myself in my house and unplug my modem to avoid the temptation to click on spoilers. Madness.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Since I intend to read in in long, marathon session tomorrow night/Saturday morning after I get it, I think I'll be safe from spoilers on this thread. I do, however, intend to post spoilers after I finish :D

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Here's some spoilers. Turns out the bad dude is actually Harry's dad which he learns just after his hand was cutoff with a light saber magic wand.
    I actually don't know. I just made that up, I haven't seen any of the movies. Read any of the books and don't know anything about any of it.
    I read earlier though that the Balty Sun and NYTimes broke the embargo and printed advance reviews. They claim they went to the bookstore and bought a copy, so they didn't have to honor the embargo. But someone over at Huffington Post is in a righteous fury.

6. Re: Harry Potter, Deathly Hollows (spoilers allowed)

New York Times had a good article today with a couple of small spoilers. The most interesting fact was that there's a lot of bloodshed and even more are injured and tortured ... not really surprising, I suppose, but Rowling did say only two major characters died.

Also pointed out that she bought the book at a New York bookstore. Oops.

7. sportschick

I think what Rowling actually said was that she killed off two characters she didn't intend to kill orginally, which has been picked up as only two characters dying.

I predicted a lot of bloodshed early on.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Harry Potter kills Tony Soprano.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

_______ dies.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I almost had HBP ruined by people posting/calling me, but luckily I had barricaded myself in my apartment. This time, I've planned it out so I can be the one talking about it ahead of time. :D 20 hours and counting...

11. sportschick

After midnight tomorrow, my phone will be off and I'll be offline. Until then I'm not clicking on any Harry Potter links. Not gonna happen!!!

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

See ya at the end, chick ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted