1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Book VII (please refrain from spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Ah...good call ;)

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Aside from wizards having longer lifespans than Muggles, JKR has stated on many occasions that she is absolutely atrocious at "maths," as the Brits call it, so any timeline issues are entirely her fault.

3. I pre-ordered from Amazon and, based on the tracking, I think I might get the book today.
    If so, wouldn't that be ironic? I get it about 10 hours before people who have stood in line at a release party?

4. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

I got mine from Barnes and Noble, but I have a feeling it's going to be on my doorstep tonight.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I saw at least 5 people waiting outside of Barnes and Noble and Borders at 2 PM today already. Dressed up. It was so cute...if they weren't 42 year old people.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Was one of them Scott Baio?

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Quite possibly. Wasn't sure.

8. Apparently I won't beat the people who camped out. UPS never came today.
    They come tomorrow or my book is free (Amazon's guarantee). Either way, I'm pretty satisfied. I only payed $21 with shipping.

Draft saved Draft deleted