1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter, Book VII (please refrain from spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

We need a seperate thread now that Deathly Hollows is on the verge of coming out.

Your thoughts? Predictions? I'll still be surprised if HP dies. And Snape is definitely one of the good guys.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

I'll be at B&N at midnight with my 13 year old. She'll read it all day long and I'll try to grab it when she's done if my wife doesn't get it first.

Book VI got to us two days early for some reason. We kept mum about that -- my mother worked at a bookstore and was a naughty girl to break into a box early, no such luck this time -- but read the story before we let our daughter know we already had the book.

And no, Harry can't die.

In fact, I think Dumbledore and Snape come out well in this one -- yes, that means I think the Dumbledore murder is a trick -- and the second death among main characters is going to be either Ron or Ginny.

3. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

I am stupidly excited for this one. Went ahead and reserved a copy at the local B&N, in lieu of pre-ordering with Amazon and consequently having to wait until my mailperson arrives on Saturday afternoon. (patience is not my strong suit)

HP Death Pool picks:
    Moody
    Snape
    Draco Malfoy
    Bellatrix Lestrange
    Wormtail
    Arthur Weasley
    Gred & Forge (not really sure on these two yet, but if there were Weasley siblings to kick it, why not these two?)

oh yeah, and Lord It's-my-party-and-I'll-make-up-my-own-name-if-I-wanna

4. Double Down

I think Dumbledore is dead, but I think he had to die as part of the prophecy. I think he'll talk to Harry and advise him on what he needs to do, since I assume he'll be in one of the paintings like the rest of the Headmasters of Hogwarts, but I think he's dead. I still think Draco is in for a Darth Vadar-esq turn, and that Nellvile may be the one who slays Voldemort in the end.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I think we'll find out partway through the final book that Hagrid molests the magical creatures of the forest and, well, anything he can gets his hands on. Harry, Hermione and Ron will walk in on him teabagging Dobby.

Sorry. That's sooo wrong. So wrong, indeed.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Three on order for all the people in my family who insist on their own copy. Wife, daughter, niece. It's a tradition. I'll grab the first one that's done - my wife most likely and my daughter is hundreds of miles away.

We were talking about this stuff the other night, about Rowling being richer than the Queen and all that. She deserves it. The woman created an entire world.

7. Double Down

What's wrong, Killick, is that you just forced me to ponder, at least internally, how big Hagrid's balls might theoretically be. Watermelon size? Jackolantern size? Poor Dobby, indeed.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Snape will die helping Harry to kill Voldemort in the big final battle.
    Draco will kill Hagrid. Then he'll kill Neville in an attempt to murder Harry. He'll end up in Azkaban.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny will all live. The final chapter of the book will end with Harry and Ginny/Ron and Hermoine all together, five or 10 years down the road. Harry will have a nice job at the Ministry and Ron will be a pro Quidditch player.

Of course, this is all me talking out of my ass.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is it just me or does the girl who plays Hermione kind look like a young, blond, thin Ally Sheedy?

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Seems far-fetched that she would kill HP off ... even Doyle had to bring Sherlock Holmes back after killing him.

But this has all been building to something awful ... I would guess, and it's a very uneducated guess, that either Ron or Hermoine gets it.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

This thread has sadly reminded me that I haven't yet read the sixth book yet. :(

I really have to find time to do that.

12. Re: Harry Potter, Book VII (predictions, reviews, rants and raves)

My predictions:

Harry lives and most likely kills Voldemort. However, DD was wise to point out that the prophecy could pertain to Neville as well.

Personally, I think Harry does in Voldy and Neville bests Bellatrix (by the way, they could have not casted that role any better. I haven't seen the movie yet but my wife and I both thought Bonham Carter would be a great Bellatrix before she got that role. I think they offered it to someone else first, in fact.)

Snape is absolutely a good guy who killed Dumbledore (yes, he's dead) because Dumbledore told him to - in order to protect Draco. Dumbledore's not begging for his life when he says "Please Snape." It's possible Snape dies a martyr but I do think it would be a more satisfying resolution if he were to find some happiness in his life ...

None of the other characters really matter to me. Ron and Hermione get married, blah blah blah.

I think it will end with Harry going off to tame dragons or joining the Queen's Quidditch team.

Of course, I'm expecting her to throw us for at least one big loop. We'll see.

Draft saved Draft deleted