1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harry Potter 6 pushed back to Summer '09

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 14, 2008.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Why?

2. I don't care if it bombs ... as long as I see it.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

See above.

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but the studio moving this movie six months "just because they can" really pissed me off. There are a lot of hardcore Harry Potter fans out there and I feel the delay slapped them all in the face.

That's why I hope they all boycott the film and see it on DVD. It won't happen, but I can hope.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The delay wasn't "just because they can." They didn't want any connections between Radcliffe's work in HP to his performances in Equus debuting on Broadway.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The brand was already on shaky ground for all the penis metaphors in Deathly Hallows.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

If you ever want some cheap laughs, reread the series and replace the word wand with penis. You get some good ones.

7. schiezainc

If that's the case, then fine. But the press release that came out immediately following the announcement that they were delaying the film's release expressly said that there were no delays and the film was completely finished and ready for release.

The guy in charge said he moved it because it "made financial sense", which to me meant that the only reason they were moving it was the off chance they could get more money and, IMO, that's tacky and a slap in the face to the people looking forward to the film.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

That's what they said, yes, but most people believe it's for the previous stated reason.

9. schiezainc

Again, I have no problem with them moving it if they wanted to distance themselves from Danny boy blowing horses, but I had a big problem with their official reason for moving the film and thought they came across as assholes.

All they would have had to do was say they were moving the film because it was a better move for the company. Instead, they said "Listen, it's done but we want you fuckers to wait and spend more money in the summer because we're assholes."

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Elder Penis! Fantastic!

11. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I don't understand, if you don't like the brand why get pissed if the movie is delayed? Although I will say this, the books are a literary achievement and I would recommend them as reading to anyone.

12. My understanding was it had to do with Dark Knight being such a big hit. They had all that money, so they wanted to hold out on HP until the summer, so they had another guaranteed blockbuster.

Draft saved Draft deleted