1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harrison Ford

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 13, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Where's Michael Schiavo when you need him?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Speaking of Michael Schiavo:

"Regarding Henry."

Really showed Ford's acting range, as far as I'm concerned.

3. I've always thought that the Steelers Tommy Maddox sounded just like Harrison Ford in Regarding Henry after Ford was shot.

Spot on.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've never been a big fan. He's made some good movies, a lot of mediocre movies and some bad movies.
    I like the first three 'Star Wars' movies and the first Indiana Jones movie. I haven't seen it in a long time, but 'The Mosquito Coast' was good.

5. Buck - that was a very strange way to list your top 5 movies.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Hey, I sent you a trade offer.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

His best role was as Henry Winkler's auto racing friend in "Heroes."

I also liked "The Last Crusade."

"He knows seven languages and every custom between here and the Sudan. He'll blend in, disappear. You'll never find him. With any luck, he has the Grail already."

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Outing alert — Buck is a publisher who hates agate!

9. I'm thinking it over.

I may send you a counter-proposal

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Very underrated movie......

11. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Doc, I almost always agree with your posts, but I'm assuming you had the sarcasm font on for that one.

My favorite part of Copland is where DeNiro just goes DeNiro for two scenes, when he's yelling at his people after the muckety-mucks shut down his internal affairs investigation, and when he goes off on Stallone not long afterward.

'I gave you your chance to be a cop, and YOU BLEW IT. You blew it.' Awesome stuff, comedic gold.

12. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

As long as we're talking about underrated Harrison Ford movies, somebody (maybe me) needs to bring up The Conversation. We're talking pre-Hans Solo, pre-Indiana Harrison Ford here. And he was excellent in it.

Sure, it was a Gene Hackman/Francis Ford Coppola movie. Sure, Ford was an afterthought for the role, which was a relatively small one. But it may have been what launched his career. And it's almost certainly a good enough movie to make his top 5, in terms of quality rather than box-office numbers.

Draft saved Draft deleted