1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harold Reynolds Fired By ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Della9250, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Newsday's Neil Best says it was sexual harassment:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/spharold26,0,6234733.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"Keith Olbermann of MSNBC, a former ESPN host, told The New York Observer in 2004 he had testified in "three or four major cases at ESPN."

Among the prominent ESPN personalities accused of improper behavior in the past is Mike Tirico, who will debut as the play-by-play man for "Monday Night Football" in the coming season. He was suspended by ESPN in 1992 for what were reported at the time to be allegations of sexual harassment. Another host, Jason Jackson, was fired in 2002, reportedly for harassment."

Who the hell was Jason Jackson?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

He was a fairly regular 2 am edition anchor. Also spent a lot of time on NBA Fastbreak and/or ESPNews. Not great, not bad, no schtick. Which probably means they drugged him, put his ass on a woman and fired him.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Jason Jackson was the afternoon radio host a couple years ago. I think he also did NBA Tonight. He was accused of sexual harrassment and thus exiled from Bristol.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

He was the main host of NBA 2Night.

[​IMG]

6. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Considering Rafael Palmeiro won the 1999 Gold Glove -- presumably for the excellence he displayed in the 29 games he played that season at first base -- one might have grounds to question the all knowing power of Major League managers and coaches.

7. sportymcgee

sportymcgee Member

Yes, I know that. But that still doesn't mean the Gold Glove always goes to the best defensive player at a position. For instance, Palmeiro won it 1999. He played 28 games at first base.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey you guys don't know anything. Winning a lot of Gold Gloves makes you a Hall of Famer. Why, just ask Twobit about his boyhood idol Bill Mazeroski.

9. sportymcgee

sportymcgee Member

You beat me to it, Jay.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's quite true. They certainly aren't perfect, and the Palmeiro fiasco is Exhibit A.

But using that logic, if they pick Player A, they're idiots, but if the exact same guys pick Player B instead, they got it right?

11. sportymcgee

sportymcgee Member

Frank White in 1988: 148 games, 293 putouts, 426 assists, 4 errors, 88 double plays, .994 fielding percentage
    Harold Reynolds in 88: 158 games, 303 putouts, 471 assists, 18 errors, 111 double plays, .977 fielding percentage

12. Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama Member

interesting...

on Baseball Reference, the most similar batter? Bill Mazeroski

I have a friend (a Cardinal fan even) who is convinced Frank White is a Hall of Famer. I always stop short of that, but hell, maybe he deserves to be in just as much as Maz

Draft saved Draft deleted