1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hardest. Map. Game. Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Feb 2, 2007.

1. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

83. and 86. zooming in on Moldova was a pain in the a&&.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You know what would be a really REALLY hard map game? One where you have to properly place all the Kansas counties:

[​IMG]

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And on the first go, the only country I got right was one I never heard of: The Kyrgyz Republic

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Lived in Kansas for two years and no one could explain to me why Wichita and Wichita County were separate.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Since half the counties are all perfectly square, it would be damned near impossible.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I like how in the western half of Kansas, the lines are just a little off so it wouldn't be a perfect grid. I bet the governor of Kansas couldn't place all the counties.
    Tennessee has 93 counties, some as big as a postage stamp, and, I think, the most of any state. Seems like Nevada has the fewest with seven or eight.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You can zoom?
    I got 77 and I was getting pissed. How can I spot places as small as Eretrea and Brunei on that map?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Game over.
    [​IMG]
    254 of them bad boys!

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Uh, I don't see Heimlich County on that map.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I played this stupid game 8 times, and scored between 49 and 52 every time. I quit.

Kansas and Arkansas look brutal, but I've done the Oklahoma County test, as an elementary school student. Hopefully those brain cells now contain useful information.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Missouri would be pretty tough. Very few counties in Missouri are named after cities.

Draft saved Draft deleted