1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hardest. Map. Game. Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Feb 2, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/worldmap/worldmap.html

Click on start when you get there. Twenty obscure country names pop up one after another and you click where you think they are on the world map. The game is timed.
    The best I did was 51, and I have a world map shower curtain.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

From nekkid Sienna Miller pics to this?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I will mock you for this next time I see you.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I got 54 but I'm calling BS on Luxembourg. I know exactly where that place is and I clicked it 6 times and no joy.

EDIT; Played it again and got 74. Missed Kazakstan, though.

5. JayFarrar

I'll do anything to get out of writing about the capitol bond market. No worries though. It is just due tomorrow at noon. I got plenty of time tonight, fueled by vivarin and diet coke to get it done. Plus the mortal fear of getting something and knowing I'll get sued to the end of the Earth.
    Wheee....

Add: Suck it Inky. My shower curtain recognizes Tibet. As a sheet of plastic that needs a good scrubbing, it is more socially aware than you.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Your shower curtain is part of the liberal agenda to destroy the American way of life just like the global warming conspiracy!!!

(Speaking of Tibet, did you read that Rolling Stone article about the conditions there now? Sad, sad stuff.)

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Got 79.

Couldn't click on Croatia. Too damn small and tucked into too many other countries.

Rest was cake, outside of clicking on the wrong Congo the first time.

8. JayFarrar

That also explains why you were on Jeopardy and I wasn't. Of course one of my countries was Socotra. A country I had never heard of. And one I spent five minutes in my bathroom looking for on my shower curtain.
    For the curious Socotra is a small island state off the Arabian penisula.
    And I wonder in the annals of recorded history, has anyone sat on their toilet, with the seat down and writing pants on, studying the map that is their shower curtain looking for Socotra.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I got 10. I just randomly clicked all over Africa for most of them. I have no idea where Lebanon is.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

54! Man, my Africa and Eastern Europe geography skills are piss poor. I'll work on that.

PS-Wouldn't it be funny if Bird's final Jeopardy question was, "small island state off the Arabian penisula."

Edit: 62!

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I got 13 and the only three countries I got were: America, Vietnam and a wild guess on some African country. I got screwed out of Cyprus, though, I know I was clicking the correct spot.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Do you know where Angola is, Angola?

Draft saved Draft deleted