1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hard To Kill

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigRed, Jun 23, 2006.

1. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

On HBO right now.
    Look, I realize we're talking about Steven Seagal here, but is this one of the worst action movies ever?
    Dude is in a coma for 7 years and he has the presence to get out of the hospital and fend off the assassin with a damn mop to work the elevator?
    And Kelly LeBrock has an ancient Chinese monestary/mansion at the ready to take him for a rehab stint?
    And after he wakes up, he has long hair - but well taken-care of long hair with a Fu Manchu mustache?
    BTW, nice clip of the Geraldo ass-beating in the movie right now.
    And Kelly can get off work to take care of this guy???
    This movie defies all logic.
    Or maybe I'm just drunk.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought for sure this would be about the late night thread.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sorry, man but I love this flick. Mason Storm was a baaaad man. And you can take that .... to the bank! 8)

Or maybe I'm just drunk.

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Thought about it, but I wanted to be more specific.
    BTW, 10 minutes in and Segal is already doing rehab training. He's ready to kick some ass, this guy.
    And I do like this movie too... one of those so bad it's good kind of flicks.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Of course, Kill Bill asks you to accept that Uma could go from moving one toe to ass-kicking in just a few hours.

Hey, it's only a movie.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hey, be nice, BYH.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Ain't nothing wrong with Steven Seagal flicks, ever. There's a reason Mountain Dew signed him to do those commercials. ;)

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

"I'm gonna take you to the bank, Senator Trent.... to the blood bank!"
    And I bet he will.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

This was funny. ;D

10. Has anyone seen Segal's newer movies - the made for TV ones that air on Spike?
    Dude is pushing about 250. The movies seldom ever show a full body shot of him.
    Even draped in a full length leather jacket, he's twice the man he used to be.
    Though he could probably still kick some ass.

I also liked how his earlier movies all had three word titles that were short and to the point.
    "Hard to Kill"
    "Above the Law"
    "Marked for Death"
    "Out for Justice"

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If you want to talk about so bad it's good, watch Under Seige. For a battleship lover like me, it was worth watching horrible dialogue and acting to see the Mighty Mo in action.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

250? 250? Are you kidding me? Dude is pushing 3 bills is most of those. I mean, it's like trying to watch a bowling ball with a pony tail do jiu jitsu

Draft saved Draft deleted