1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hard Knocks: Cowboys II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yep, I'm on board with all of your observations. It's very risky for the Cowboys to do this -- reminds me of Southwest agreeing to be the subject of "Airline," warts and all -- but you have to think it's creating a lot more Cowboys fans than it's losing.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I thought it was funny how TO constantly calls Jones "Adam" with a slightly mocking tone. Everyone else is still calling him Pac except TO.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why was Pacman Jones, who has never played a down for the Cowboys, "welcoming" rookies to the team?

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Because he's not a rookie. He would argue that he was making it "rain" , it's what he knows how to do best.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Is Tony Romo on this show at all? That will determine whether I watch it or not.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

He is indeed, they even joked around with him about his taste in women during one of the team meetings. He took it all in stride and laughed right along with everyone. They also showed him at a kids camp as well.

I can assure you it's not all TO and Pacman. They, at least, balanced the first show very well.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Jones knows what he's getting into, he's had the Cowboys do this before (when Campo was head coach) and is even talking about possibly letting HBO follow the Cowboys during the regular season.

However, I think every team featured on Hard Knocks has been "jinxed" - Cowboys under Campo blew; Ravens had Jamal Lewis blow out his knee; Chiefs last year blew ...

Anyway, as an Eagles fan I hate seeing the Cowboys, but, having once upon a time covered an NFL training camp, I always find these things interesting.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's the title: "Keeping Up With The Joneses." ::)

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Perhaps they should have a Jets show AFTER this season so viewers can follow what's it like to hang out with Favre during the offseason.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Yeah we could always use more Favre coverage :D

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

I rewound the Barber blitz pickup four times, laughing almost uncontrollably.

Garrett is awesome, by the way.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

That kid is still feeling that block.

Draft saved Draft deleted