1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 22, 2012.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving, folks. I sincerely hope you and yours have a good day. Enjoy some turkey, football and recliner naps.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope the mess hall cooks up a mean turkey and stuffing. Godspeed.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

To you and everyone else as well. Be safe over there -- and seriously, thanks for what you and everyone over there are doing.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Back at you. Stay safe and I hope you're able to eat just enough to pass out. That way there's leftovers when you wake up.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING -- may everyone be long on good eats, good football, good company and short on drama. ;) 8) 8) :D

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I'll add my wishes to the group, too. Despite some physical problems and restrictions, I am thankul that I can still stand up, grab my walker and walk a bit. I try never to feel sorry for myselfe because I know there are many worse off than me. (Hang in there, Shockey). I hope everyone enjoys the day with family and friends. Bless you all.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Two things:

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafYtDe.html

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's been a hard year, and frankly next year promises to be worse. But I'm somehow here for another Thanksgiving that by all rights I shouldn't be alive to see. I'm downstairs in my parents' watching the boy mess around on the computer as my aunts and uncles begin arriving. My baby daughter is showing off her dress, and the smell of turkey dinner is floating down from the kitchen. And today that's more than enough.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE DAY, MY PEOPLE!!

And thank you for the shout-out, casty. :D ;) 8)

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving 1.0, have a shared experience with loved ones and colleagues, or both.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Well we're stuffing ourselves on extra food because our company stood us up. But hey, Happy Thanksgiving all.

Draft saved Draft deleted