1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by highlander, Nov 26, 2009.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Just wanted to say that after putting 20-pound turkey in the oven.

I'm thankful for relatives, old and new friends and the fact that after a month without a job someone from of all placed TCU's sports message board helped me find my new job.

I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

In the Northeast, we like our weather cold and our prep football on Turkey Day. My boy Boston Market has my back for my turkey.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Down south there is Cracker Barrel. My mom, who used to put the Atacama Desert to shame every year with the dry turkey she pulled out of the oven, got turned on to it by no doubt a few other relatives. Although we do have Boston Market here too.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Best wishes to all, and to all we're thankful for...

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Happy Thanksgiving. Stuffing and pie are high on my list. So's my family. My dogs. My friends.
    And this nuthouse. You people make me crazy but I love your worthless asses just the same.

If I ever get back into newspapers, I'll hire every one of you.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to a great group of people, albeit foreigners. :)

While you're enjoying your turkey, Canuckistan is going to hijack the entire board and start threads on Rush, Trailer Park Boys, Celine Dion, Canadian politics, the Grey Cup and our favourite, "Why SW Ontario deserves another NHL Franchise".

Enjoy

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The question should have been, when is Win going to get off his ass and put out another AF album?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Canadian Mouddy is gouing to get your ass.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm thankful to my family, my good health, and the relative good health of my family members.

Now, if two of my fantasy wide receivers have a big day today, it'll be the best Thanksgiving EVAR!

10. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for my wonderful family, who have helped me through some tough times recently. I can't thank them enough for their support.
    Today, like all the previous Thanksgivings, I plan on eating too much turkey, getting fat, spending some quality time with my family, and watching some football. No better way to spend the day.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

happy thanksgiving. i'm thankful that we'll be bringing dad to the festivities from the nursing home he's been at since his stroke. hope we have no hiccups.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

All that, and no homage to The Kids in the Hall. Blasphemous.

Anyhoo, I've enjoyed a Cracker Barrel Thanksgiving the last few years. They like to get real fancy with stuff, but if you ask them for turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn, they'll oblige you just the same.

Not this year, however. This year, I've got me a frozen pizza and a six-pack of IBC black cherry.

As for me, I'm thankful for my new gig, which offered me my first honest-to-God raise of my career. I'm thankful for the friends I made in college, and how the jokes and stories never get old, no matter how many times they're told.

And of course, I'm thankful for my family, which is as wonderfully goofy as I am.

Draft saved Draft deleted