1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As for me, I'm spending the day with my kids and granddaughter, so I'm pretty thankful for that.

I hope everyone has a great day and the travel is safe for anyone on the road.

I'm thankful for all you clowns, as much as you make me crazy. Don't know what I'd do without you.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Back at ya, Moddy. You deserve the happiest possible Thanksgiving.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For the first time since 2007, we aren’t hosting. My wife is starting a new business and between that, family vacation and her going to a conference last week, we simply couldn’t make the time to get it together. Doing it at a restaurant instead because no one else stepped up.

Really strange not to spend the day in a mad scramble to get the house ready.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Because of family on one side, I am now in New Jersey after Moddy left.

Man, I hate traffic.

Next stop - in North Carolina. I expect to hit seven states in five days. Ugh!

Barenjager bottle is getting emptier.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Got to stay local this year and not have to drive the length of California. So much n better to not have to worry about traffic and staying somewhere different.

But there's easily 30 people at my dad's but it's fun. Beer and wine are flowing. Turkey is turkeying. It's a good day. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Got to attend a gathering before work. And though working today isn't great, thankful to still make a living doing what I enjoy.

garrow likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Huzzah.

Taking one for the team and choosing to work my third straight Thanksgiving at the desk. I just got back on Monday from quality time with the family (mostly spend unsuccessfully "hunting" deer in the woods) and I'd like to do as few circuits of the mind-numbing (and often meteorologically challenging) five-hour drive as I can. Did my third career Gobble Gallop 5K in 36:08. Disappointed that I was :25 slower than last year, but apparently a Kenyan who finished second in the most recent Twin Cities marathon showed up and ran a 15-flat on the overcast mid-20s morning, so I can say I have something in common with nearly every elite American runner in that I got smoked by a more talented East African.

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

One thing that helps:

[​IMG]

Just doing three cycles can help you relax a bit and lower your BP.

(From the Calm App)

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Damn I miss a good 21 Thanksgiving story.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

21, can't you wear something nicer? You don't want the family to see you in that old thing, do you?
    Mom, I just got this last weekend at Saks.
    Well, it looks old. And wrinkly. Why do they have to make clothes that look like that?

Draft saved Draft deleted