1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy New Year, Everybody

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by typefitter, Dec 31, 2018.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

My wish for 2019, perfectly stated by the opening line of one of my favorite songs, which I hardly ever hear, or listen to, because it's the kind of thing only played/sang in certain conditions and at certain events:

Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me...

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a great one.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My step-brother gave me a growler for Christmas and I started today with the full intention to kill that bad boy for NYE. Beer was from brewery in Fair Oaks next to Sacramento. A nice red ale. Very good. I didn't even make it to New York New Years (I'm on the West Coast). Not that I drank 64 ounces of beer but I just can't drink like I used to. Did about half of the growler and threw in the towel. Beer was great but I just couldn't do it (and my wife doesn't do beer so there was no help). I hang my head in shame.

Any way, happy New Year people. May 2019 treat you better than ExMedia is treating his LazyBoy.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was at a new year's party and nobody knew who the female singer was who sang Imagine. "We're old!" I said. Had to tell another guy that Dick Clark's been dead for three years or so.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I know it was you, Fredo!

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

swingline and jlee like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted