1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Leap Day!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Feb 29, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

And a very happy birthday to ex-big league outfielder Terrence Long, who turns 8 today!

What are you guys doing to celebrate the big day? Don't piss this one away. By 2012, gas will be so expensive you'll have no discretionary income for holidays such as this.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Boing!

(leaping)

3. T2

T2 Member

For some ridiculous reason, to which, however, I've no desire to be disloyal,
    Some person in authority, I don't know who, very likely the Astronomer Royal,
    Has decided that, although for such a beastly month as February, twenty-eight days as a rule are plenty,
    One year in every four his days shall be reckoned as nine-and-twenty.

--W.S. Gilbert

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The man has me working today. He obviously doesn't value this day like I do.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I should be turning 8 today. Sted, I'm turning 32 next week.

Stupid unfairness.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's bullshit, IJAG. I'd write your congressperson.

7. imjustagirl

I blame my mom. She apparently didn't want to be a mom yet, so she held me in for an extra week.

Selfish.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Looks like my second nephew is going to be a Leap Year baby. I told my brother to beware of those asshole newspaper reporters that will be trying to use him for their awful stories in a few years.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And do you still celebrate Mother's Day with her?

10. imjustagirl

Half-heartedly, at best.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, at the very least, I hope you get an award for your effort. Because, obviously, someone wasn't thinking about what you deserved eight years ago today. It takes a big person to tuck those feelings aside.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This was last night's dinner discussion. Why couldn't we just tack on a June 30 once every four years? Who the fuck wants to extend February?

Draft saved Draft deleted