1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Festivus!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Dec 23, 2009.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

It's time for the feats of strength.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wake me up when it's time for the Airing of Grievances.

3. TwoGloves

George, Festivus is a part of your heritage.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i'd rather air my grievances

5. TwoGloves

Frank, this new holiday of yours is scratching me right where I itch.

6. doctorx

doctorx Member

Another Festivus miracle!

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're going to hear about it.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Grievances: The local station that carries syndicated Seinfeld reruns shows two a day back to back; "The Strike" is not scheduled as one of the two today. MSNBC is a joke on the weekends. John Mayer's song "Love Song For No One" resonates far too well with my life. The BCS is a joke.

Feats of strength: Forced to accompany my mother to the local flea market (a feat of a different kind of strength) as manual labor today, I lugged an assload of grapefruit (and possibly other heavy citrus; I lost track) across the market and back to her car. As head of a solo household I have no idea who I would wrestle. Given the latter fact, I have declared that my other labors today absolve me of the wrestling match. :D

Not certain a Festivus miracle will occur. Hoping for a winning lottery ticket. Will settle for an attractive junior college dropout's booty call.

9. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

In Utah, we call the "Airing of Grievances" the "Maxhallian Vent," and in my household, the "Pouring of the Beverage" has replaced the "Feats of Strength" ...

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

We can't have Festivus without us...

11. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

"Festivus for the rest of us"

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Feats of Strength: I've managed to keep my mouth shut working retail during the holidays.

Bitching: I'm broke bitches. For the love of god, someone recognize the back-breaking labor I do and give me a little raise. Just a little one. Just so my friends stop laughing at my paycheck.

Draft saved Draft deleted