1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy Father's Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Jun 17, 2012.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Happy Father's Day to all you mothers out there.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Any day I get to spend with this little guy is a great one. What a special first Father's Day for me.

[​IMG]

Happy Father's Day to all my fellow dads.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Spent a great Father's Day on a canoe trip with my 3 kids, my daughter-in-law and my sons' best friend who spent so much time at our house when they were all growing up that he called me and my wife his alterna-parents. A little tired when we got home, but nice just the same.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hung out with my son. He took me to dinner. My daughter called, said she hoped to be home this time next year.

And why am I getting an ad for Russian Love Match?

5. Spent the day up at 4 a.m. making a 12-hour trip home in the car with wife (on her period) and three kids from the beach. My back, shoulders, neck and head were killing me when we got home.
    Spent the rest of the evening on the couch.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

First fathers day was great until I had to go into work and leave the little guy. But the time I had with him was awesome, just like it always is.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

A day late and a dollar short, Happy Father's Day to all dads here.
    We went to my brother's place for dinner Thursday, then spent night at my dad's. Then drove to my in-laws for the weekend. Didn't do much, just a relaxing time. Mexican feast Friday, steak Saturday and pork roast with Yukon potatoes Sunday. Plus a weekend off from dishes. Score!
    Left there this morning, drove six hours back. Unloaded car, then went to work and covered a council meeting. Overall the kids did quite well in the car.
    A few weeks ago my father-in-law had a mild heart attack, which seemed to be an awakening for him. We decided it would be a good Father's Day gift for us to be there.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm nearing 35 years old...and I still call to say "I love you" to my dad everyday...and so we can talk hockey, of course.

Draft saved Draft deleted